VVDI Prog Error: Device error, pls check usb driver
– Tested sw: 4.4.4 or 4.6.7 or 4.74
– FTDI driver: 2009-10-22 (the recommended one)
– The updater recognize the prog and it’s able to read serial and version (it’s 2.0, no need to upgrade)
– When unplugged the prog totally : no device detected or something
– Win7 x32 run as admin
– only the red led light
Steps to solve this: (solution from a DK fellow)
– Ftdi unistaller, another driver from the driver folder 2016-02-02driver.exe = not working at all
– Ftdi unistaller latest FTDI driver = device error check usb driver
– xp sp3, everthing again = same results
– win7 x64, everything again = same results
– win10 x64, everthing again = same results
– different usb ports, different cables including powered usb cable, different machines
– with external power (12v) and w/o
The VVdi prog is working with the owner pc (win7 x32, he using the old 2009 driver)
Tech support from pros:
You have to contact your reseller.
They will send back your programmer to the factory.
Xhorsetool.com is a good man of his word to trust in.
Items from the site are with relief. They did help me with the issue.
It seems they replaced or reprogrammed this ST32 microcontroller